Your intuition can be powerful, if properly developed. When given the right information, it can give you valuable insight into a situation that can prevent harm or even benefit you. But, if the information isn’t changed or is feeding your intuition bad intel, then it can be less productive than not using it at all. Like avoiding dogs because of an isolated incident from your past.
The last two weeks we discussed what our intuition was and how to start trusting it. Hopefully, you have started to put some of those things into play and saw some sort of change. If not, today we will talk about 7 Keys To Unlocking Your Intuition.
Baby, you got the keys
At some time in your life, you had an experience where all of a sudden you had this huge feeling that something was about to happen. To your surprise, that feeling paid off and became reality.
When you feel strongly about something, without a logical reason, that is called your intuition. There are three main types of intuition, clairvoyance “the third eye”, sensing clearly, and feeling through listening.
Clairvoyance is when your eyes go beyond what you can see. Think of it like visions or dreams, it is when you know what is happening somewhere at a given moment.
Sensing clearly is that “hunch” feeling. It is an overwhelming feeling that you can’t quite explain away and you are left saying “I just know it.” A feeling you can’t seem to shake or rationally explain away.
Feeling through listening, sometimes called clairaudience, is the ability to listen between the lines, much like reading between them. Maybe its a bird singing in the tree or voices drifting from your neighbors across the fence. Whatever it is, it leaves you with intense feelings of a situation about to happen.
Many people put intuition on the level of being psychic, either they don’t believe in it or think only a few people have “the gift.” Astrologers would tell us that we need to be born under the signs of Scorpio or Pisces to have this insight. All seem to try to say that intuition is like extra sensory perception or E.S.P. But it should come as no surprise that science has studies showing that anyone can develop intuition, that it is a normal part of the brain. Another sense, if you will.
Why should we develop it
You may still be thinking that this is some kind of hooey and there isn’t a need to develop this “skill.” Why poke at your emotional and psychological states, just let them be?
For starters, your intuition can be used to promote good communication with others. It can make you more sensitive to the people in your life. It can keep you from hunting those you love because you start to understand them more deeply. It can also help you become more creative. Fostering your intuition means releasing more creative juices to express how you choose to use them. But most importantly your intuition can be used for healing. This healing is for the physical body, bur for the emotional one. You can work with your intuition to delve deep into your soul to eradicate the negative feelings and energies you may have buried there.
History of unlocking intuition
For thousands of years, philosophers and scientists have tried to understand intuition. Even more spiritual leaders talk about it. Even Carl Jung spoke on it, classifying our experience into the categories of thinking, feeling, sensation, and intuition. He described our intuition as our compass in life.
Through brain mapping advances, modern neuro-science and psychology have identified that the non-dominant side of our brain (the right side of your brain, if you are right handed) is the site of visual, creative, empathic, and intuitive functions. American neuro-scientist Daniel Siegel states that intuition is more than just our brain. He says that our intuition also involves the input of nerves around the heart and gut, making our body’s wisdom a neural mechanism by which we process deep ways of understanding.
This just further strengthens the feelings we often get in our heart and stomach as being tired to the mental seat of our intuition.
Albert Einstein even felt that our intuition was a sacred gift where our rational mind was its faithful servant. Our intuition is, basically, our connection to our subconscious. It is the point in which our subconscious and conscious mind talk to one another. This connection transcends the bounds of reasoning and is a vital source of our creative power, wisdom, and understanding.
Are you ready to start unlocking your intuition and learning how to use it better?
7 Keys to unlocking your intuition
You are starting to see how important your intuition is to you and how it can benefit you in your daily life. Now it’s time to learn some ways to start unlocking that potential.
- Hypnosis – Hypnosis is a great way to get intouch with your intuition Hypnosis isn’t just limited to watching an object suspended on a chain moving back and forth. You can perform self-hypnosis with guided meditation or hypnosis programs. All of which can help strengthen your intuition
- Meditation – Meditation is a process to help us find peace or center in our busy lives. Having your mind cluttered with hurt, pain, and baggage from the past doesn’t give it a chance to quiet down enough for us to listen to our intuition. Thankfully, meditation gives us a way to practice quieting our mind so we can start to listen to that voice in our head. There are so many ways to meditate that you are sure to find one that is right for you. You can try a yoga class or just some simple breathing exercises Even better, get out in nature and go for a walk and practice breathing,
- Think Positive – Admittedly, this is a bit harder to accomplish that just saying it. But a worry and fear free mind can do so much to improve our intuitive abilities. Staying positive allows us to attract good energy that can help you recognize those imminent feelings and events more easily.
- Just let it go – Granted, a certain Disney movie made this phrase popular, but what does it really mean? When you are on the edge of making a huge decision, let go of all inhibitions and head to a quiet place where you can find out where letting go has brought you. Sometimes that voice is a bit too afraid to speak up unless we let go of what is holding us back.
- Never expect it to happen – So you have let go of your inhibitions and feelings that stop you from thinking clearly, don’t just jump into expecting the answer to fall into your lap. Give it a little time, then you will be surprised that you now have an answer trying to force it sooner isnt listening to that inner voice.
- Believe your first impressions – My mother always told me to trust my first instinct as it was using right. When you meet someone for the first time and they may seem to arrogant for your taste, chances are your impression is true. Many times, your first impression is your intuition talking to you.
- Stay happy – Happiness attracts a large amount of power and that includes intuition. If you are to tap into your intuition, it should come from a place of happiness and contentment. Following that simple recipe and your intuition will start to come to you more easily.
Your intuition can be very helpful because it can often lead you to something that is not easily obtained otherwise. There have been many lives saved by following intuition. Decisions can be made easier if you arm yourself with this gift. So, start learning to develop it now so it can benefit you in ways you never imagined.
Bringing it all together
With your intuition, you have a powerful tool at your disposal. It can provide you a wealth of insight and prevent harm, when we learn to feed it the right information. Over the many years, science and spirituality have sought ways to discover, classify, and use it better but the one thing we have found is that it seems to be an innate and natural part of us.
Have any of these keys sparked thoughts in you to want to unlock your intuition more? Are there things you have done in your life that allowed you to develop your intuition more? Do you simply feel that the term intuition is a lofty ideal used to describe the voices in your head and that they are no more tangible than a fantasy world? Let me know in the comments below. Your ideas and actions may be the key that opens up a new pathway for someone else.