In a previous article, we learned that the Laws of Attraction is a school of philosophy that believes positive thoughts will bring about positive results into your life. Conversely, negative thoughts would bring negative results. This works from the principle that thoughts are a form of energy that can be altered by you. This will allow positive energy to come to you and affect your health, finances, and relationships.
But can this principle actually be used in reducing stress and anxiety? Joint me as we take a closer look at how the Law of Attraction can be used to help with anxiety and stress.
Law of Attraction Primer
The Law of Attraction works on the principle that the energy of your thoughts manifest your experiences, like attracts like. If you want good things to happen then you need to focus on and will them into being. Advocates suggest that there are several universal principles that make the law of attraction.
Like attracts like
Just like it states. Similar things attract one another. The type of person you are helps attract similar types of people into your life. But it goes a bit deeper, it also states that your thoughts can drive what kind of events come to you. If you focus on the negative, more often, then those negative events will come to you. Thinking things like, “I cant do this thing because I dont know how or dont have enough experience” will ensure thatyou cannot succeed at the venture. However, if you focus on the actual doing and wanting to experience it, you have the ability to succeed.
Nature hates a vacuum
Removing things from your life creates an opening for new things to come to you. If you are trying to lose weight, you remove those old bad habits of eating sugar, not exercising, and etc. When you do this, there are empty spaces left for positive things to come to you so you can achieve your goals. Think about when you try not to think of something and your mind becomes full of that thoughts and others. Something will always seek to fill those empty spaces in your life so it is best to work with positivity to fill those spaces.
The present is always perfect
This doesnt mean that what is going on, at this very moment, is right and cant be changed. What it means is that there are things that you can do to improve the present moment. Instead of focusing on feelings of dread and not being happy, look for ways to make the present the best moment for you.
These principles work with the concepts of the Law of Attraction to manifest change in your life. You can help these things manifest by incorporating some of the ideals below.
- practice being grateful
- Visualizing your goals
- Look for the positives
- Identify negative thoughts
- Use positive affirmations
- Reframe negative to a more positive way
The Law of Attraction isnt meant to be a cure all for all of life’s issues but is is a way to cultivate a more optimistic outlook on life. It also has the benefit of keeping you motivated towards your goals.
Law of Attraction and Anxiety
Disclaimer – Before we start, let me state that the Laws of Attraction are not mean to replace a medical diagnosis and is not a form of treatment. It is purely a holistic means of helping you deal with the side effects from anxiety and stress. It is also a means to help you navigate the waters to work on avoiding triggers to those issues. As always, follow the advice and diagnosis of your doctor. If you need help, please seek it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with talking to a therapist or seeking help.
The principles of the Law of Attraction has already helped countless people the world over to ease stress and anxiety. If you are one of the many people who is suffering from anxieties and stress you can take heart. You are not alone. The number of sufferers is rising according to some studies. It is of vital importance to get professional help by seeking out an experienced therapist. Learning about the Law of Attraction can also enhance and speed up recovery for the ailing person.
By focusing on attaining a new reality, and by believing it is possible, we tend to take more risks, notice more opportunities, and open up to more possibilities. On the flip side, if we dont feel something is possible, we shut down to new experiences and many of those possibilities go by unnoticed.
One of the core foundations of many types of therapy talk about changing your inner monologue. This is akin to Cognitive Behavorial Therapy (CBT). This treatment believes that changing automatic negative thoughts can produce positive side effects. Thusly, all of people to work towards achieving better mental well-being. CBT works in a similar fashion to the Law of Attraction.
3 ways the Law of Attraction can enhance therapy
With the Law of Attraction we learn to sit in the driver’s seat of our life and drive along any road we desire and come to the destiny we choose. We are not dependent on someone else when using the power of the Law of Attraction. Best of all, we do not have to wait and merely hope things get better in the future. We can start today to make our lives worth living. Here are 3 simple ways for you to enhance your therapy:
- Meditate at least 10-20 minutes everyday on a regular basis. This will help you greatly to improve your condition. You still may need the help of a professional therapist or doctor but your daily meditations are valuable. If you have children or other family members that need your attention you want to do this exercise when things are quiet so that you can truly be still and relax. Make this your time out from a busy and stressful day.
- When meditating you can do the following exercise: Close your eyes and picture yourself sitting in a large room all by yourself in total darkness. Hold this mental picture for about 20 seconds. After the 20 seconds are over imagine yourself sitting in the same room with bright and warm lights shining on you. After that, go back in your mind to the same room with all the lights out. This exercise will enhance the understanding of your inner self. Getting to know your inner person will help you to understand yourself. It will also help you to listen to yourself and become more intuitive. It may be difficult at first for you to meditate regularly especially if you did not do meditations before. You still want to make it part of your daily routine. Meditation is essential for good mental and physical health.
- To help with your anxieties you can also think about some great affirmations to help you along. Here are some suggestions of what you could say when doing affirmations: I am living in a paradise and I have peace all around. I am feeling great and I love my life. You need to say these affirmations in the present tense. This may feel like a lie at first, when you are feeling quite to the contrary. The Law of Attraction helps us to understand that the universe, however, will only respond to your feelings, not to the spoken language. Affirmations will help you to train your subconscious mind to be in harmony with the way you want to feel. When using the Law of Attraction to get rid of anxieties both meditation and affirmations are important. This will be a great stepping stone into your future free from stress and anxieties.
By applying these lessons in the right way, we can program ourselves to be what we really want to be. We do not have to think that our conditions in life are meant to be or that we have to depend on external forces and their mercy! It is your right to enjoy peace and happiness and understanding the Law of Attraction can help get you there.
Ways of Practicing the Law of Attraction
Understanding how the Law of Attraction works is only one step in the equation. What do you do with this knowledge and how do you bring it into your daily practice? Here are a few useful tips on how to practice the Law of Attraction.
- Journaling – taking a moment to jot down your thoughts can help you recognize patterns in your life and see if they lead more towards optimistic or pessimistic. It can also help in removing them from your thought process
- Mood Board – used as a visual reminder for a positive mindset. Has the added benefit of keeping you focused on your goals and more easily visualize them.
- Practice acceptance – we all seem to get too caught up in focusing on what is wrong about our present or what we need to change. Try working on accepting things as they are while working on creating a better future. Accepting things as they are allows us to see good and bad in a given situation. Just dont get bogged down in focusing on one side or the other
- Practice positive self-talk – our inner demon is our biggest saboteur. Letting those negative voices convince us we aren’t good enough it hard to escape. To help combat that, set aside time each day where you are more positive with yourself and less negative. You deserve a break and you are the best person to give it to you. The more you practice them more you will realize it is harder to maintain a negative mindset.
Tying it all together
Before you put all of this into practice, remember that the Law of Attraction, alone, isnt enough to make change in your life. Your still need to put in the effort. Being optimistic about situations allows you to be more proactive in your behaviors. It’s not just your attitude that will make the change, you need to put in the work. Set goals and motivate yourself to do better. Commit to the desire to be a better person and work for better things in your life. Accept the challenges and set realist timelines. Remember support is essential. Whether from your friends, family, or doctors, do not be afraid to ask for help. Life is rough after all.
How will you use these steps? Do you think they may offer some help with your stress and anxiety? Are there things you do to help manage stress or other ways you use the Laws of Attractionin your life? Let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your thoughts.