The topic of Spirit Guides and how to connect to them is a topic of controversy. From skeptics that claim it can’t exist to practitioners who tout the evidence and benefit from connecting to higher beings, there is room for all comers. The bigger question is if this is the right course for you and your growth.
In previous articles, we touched on what Spirit Guides are and what it means to connect with this. This article goes more into the how-to connect and the types of connection you can try. If you have made it to this article, then you already have some curiosity into the matter. Let’s dive in and learn how we can connect and what are some benefits of connecting to your Spirit Guides.
What is Clair-sense, anyway?
Communication from Spirit Guides is somewhat of a mystery to most of us, but yet, there are those who say they can openly communicate with other-worldly beings they call Guides and spirits. There are a variety of ways in which a Guide or a departed spirit can communicate with a medium or psychic. Often these communications are through what is called the “clair senses.”
Types of Clair-sense
Clair senses is a collective word, meaning that the Guide’s communication can utilize any of the following types of psychic sensitivity which co-mingles the physical body’s normal five senses. The five sense and the clair sense involved are:
- Clairaudience: Clairaudience perceive sounds (or words) that a person can actually hear when, in fact, no one is speaking and nothing physical is causing the sounds. The sounds are thought to be impressions that register themselves on the spirillae of the ear’s pineal gland. It is believed that clairaudience sounds go through the same process that normal hearing does, passing through the Third Eye chakra of the head.
- Clairsavorance: Clairsavorance is translated as clear tasting. The person experiences tastes in the mouth without putting anything physical actually in the mouth.
- Clairscient: Clairscient means to smell a fragrance or odor of a substance which is not physical in nature. For example, you might smell cigarette smoke when you are in a place where it is certain no one is smoking or has smoked.
- Clairsentience: Clairsentience allows a psychic to perceive information as a feeling within the whole body without any other stimuli related to this feeling or information, which comes from within the body, down the kundalini to the stomach area or solar plexus. The stomach area is one of the strongest communication centers that Guides frequently use to communicate.
- Clairvoyance: Clairvoyance means to see into an ethereal dimension without using physical eyes. Some describe it as reaching into another vibration frequency and visually perceive “within the head” something like moving pictures. The third eye area of the forehead is one of the other strongest communication centers that Guides frequently use to communicate.
Since this article is focused on the “belly energies” and psychic abilities, we will narrow our focus to the area of the clairsentience. In his historic writings of “Psychic Science,” Sir Oliver Lodge spoke about what he called “clairvoyance or lucidity” and raised the older concepts that were coined as “reading with the pit of the stomach.” According to Lodge, using the stomach or belly area as the channel for psychic communications was an established practice.
That is an interesting observation when you look more globally at the ancient beliefs about the belly. The Chinese called this belly chakra the “chi point,” while the Japanese termed it the “hara” or “ki point.” As the body’s balancing chakra, this area is located one and a half inches below the navel and one and a half inches inward toward the spine. It is the “energy” that the body generates, some call it a power-center.
Other Manifestations of Clair-sentience
Doreen Virtue, author of “Clairaudience: Hearing Your Angels’ Messages,” says that clairsentients get divine guidance through bodily sensations, such as a tightening of the jaw, fists, stomach or sex organs, and that they intuitively know the specific meaning of these tightening reactions. She further adds that clairsentients receive angelic guidance through an etheric sense of smell, taste, and touch. Renowned medium John Holland says pointedly that the hot spot for clairsentients is the stomach.
Clearly the “belly energies” and “psychic abilities” are intrinsically related as a compliment that helps allow mediums to communicate with Guides, spirits and other-worldly beings. The stomach area is indeed one of the strongest communication centers frequently used to communicate with that which has no physical form.
Clair-senses in use
The world renowned psychic and author Jane Doherty stated that as a psychic she experiences a physical phenomena that relates to Sir Oliver Lodge’s concept of “reading with the pit of the stomach.”
Whenever there are ghosts around Jane Doherty, she has an amazing physical reaction to them. The reaction Jane has is that her stomach area actually enlarges by as much as six inches around within seconds. And, Jane tells us that it is extremely painful to her when this happens. If you watch Jane while her stomach expansion is happening, you are going to hear her moaning and see her wincing and trust me, it is not dramatic. Jane is in definite pain.
With regards to her expanding tummy, Jane says, It feels like a contraction when a woman is in labor, but it doesn’t ever release me until the spirit leaves. Instead, the stomach expands as if I was nine months pregnant. Jane actually describes it as very intense muscle cramps, where her stomach is physically gripped by the ghost, and if you watch, the belly will actually lift up. Jane continues, Often I can tell by the grip whether it is a female, male or child spirit. It first happened to me in 1990, when I investigated my first haunted house with a researcher.
Psychic Jane Doherty has this psychic belly experience as she applies her clairsentience skills, but interestingly enough the phenomena only happens when a ghost is present and not when a Guide is present. You can learn more about Jane Doherty’s psychic abilities in her book “Awakening the Mystic Gift: The Surprising Truth About What It Means to Be Psychic,” which chronicles Jane’s own psychic awakening and what it truly means to be psychic.
Is connecting to Spirit Guides right for you?
There are many people who state that they, regularly, connect to and interact with Spirit Guides. They tell us about the benefits they get in their daily lives from them, guidance for decisions, connecting to lost loved ones, and feeling more connected to the world around them. The bigger issue is that how does one quantify and prove these benefits? The truth is, no test will ever prove this connection 100%, it is up to you to decide if the journey to learn how to connect to them is right for you. You must make that choice and decide on your own.
Have any of you already tried connecting to their Spirit Guides? What was it like? Did you get any benefit from it? Or, do you think it isn’t real and a waste of time and energy? Let me know your comments below, I would love to hear your take on this topic.