Here we are, down to the wire. Halloween is this weekend and you may be freaking out trying to come up with ideas for your party. Have no fear, I am going to share with you some awesome drink you can serve at your party. And for those wanting to not do alcohol, no worries, the list will be divided between alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
With it being Halloween and Halloween party season, we love to go with themes. Whether your whole part has one unifying theme or you just type in drinks and food, it can make it so much more fun. And having a good signature cocktail or drink is key to that theme tying. Let’s take a look at some drinks that may inspire you for your party. Want to give an extra spooky effect to your concoctions, add a small piece of dry ice. This will create a nice eerie mist to accentuate your drinks.
10. Black Death. What says Halloween more than the color black. You have black cats, black bats, the black of night, and the black stare of a vampire, so why not a nice drink to round out the theme. What can be more cool that serving up a black as pitch cocktail. This cocktail is a Halloween spin on lemonade and it uses activated charcoal to create the black color. No worries my ghouls and girls, activated charcoal is completely safe and is actually a health supplement. Here is what you will need
- one lemon juiced
- 1 – 2 capsules of activated charcoal
- Maple syrup or stevia if you don’t do sugar
Juice the lemon and remove any stray seeds and put in a 16 oz glass. Check dosage ion the charcoal and follow and add to lemon juice and stir. Fill a glass with ice, water, and sweetener. Shake and garnish with a lemon wedge or a novelty you choose for Halloween.
Dragon’s Blood Punch (non alcoholic)
9. Dragon’s Blood Punch. This one is great for the kiddie as well as anyone who prefers not to drink. It still gives you a cool effect and no worries about having to drive home. Great for the designated drivers at your party.
- 46 oz of a red punch
- 46 oz of apple juice
- 48 oz of cranberry juice
- 2 lt od ginger ale
Combine all ingredients into a large cauldron and ice and stir. If you want to make one for those that want a little more punch to their punch you can add berry vodka or an orange liqueur.
Glow-in-the-Dark Voodoo Shots
8. Glow in the Dark Voodoo Shots. What Witchdoctor would be complete without their own brand of drink to work their voodoo. The glow created by these drinks adds a nice touch to your spooky decor. Just make sure you have a black light close by to bring out that magical voodoo glow.
- 2 cups tonic water
- 1 packet of Blue Jello
- 1 packet of unflavored Gelatin
- 2 cups of vodka
- Individual plastic cups
- Black light
Mix all contents together and pour into containers. Place near black light for glowing effect and enjoy.
Smoky Pumpkin Punch
7. Smoky Pumpkin Punch. This one has the look of butterbeer from Harry Potter and still gives off the Halloween vibe.
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- Little bit of orange sent
- ½ cup of pumpkin purée.
- Simple syrup
- Mulling spices
Combine ingredients into a pan over medium to low heat. Stir to mix. Add some simple syrup to sweet it and wrap some mulling spices in cheesecloth and drop into the mixture. Heat thoroughly and then whisk it really well. Serve hot. For the Smoky effect, add small pieces of dry ice.
Good vs. Evil
6. Good vs Evil. Halloween definitely can be seen as a struggle of good against evil, with all the zombies, witches, ghosts, and such roaming around. This drink may hold the balance of that struggle in its confines. Only you will know. Mix it up and see what happens. Remember to enjoy it, too.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz Apple Pucker
- 1 oz Mindoro
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 handful of ice
- Pineapple juice
- Sierra Mist
- Garnish of choice
Combine the first four ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake and pour into a glass of choice. Type with pineapple juice and Sierra Mist. Sit back and drink and watch the game of Good vs. Evil play out. Choose your side wisely.
Scorpion Venom Punch
5. Scorpion Venom Punch. Nothing can be more riskier at a party than doing shots of scorpion venom. You can bring it to your party with this themed punch. It produces a nice bright yellow color that looks like how you think venom should look. This one is safe for everyone, unless you choose to adult it up a notch or more. Best of all, its super easy to make, barely an inconvenience.
- 3 oz of lemon jello mix
- 1 ½ cups of pineapple juice.
In a large container, pour in the lemon jello mix and a cup of boiling water, stir until all of the mix has dissolved. Next, add one cup of cold water and mix again. Lastly, add pineapple juice and chill. Again for added effect you can put in some dry ice to make it even more spooky. Serve in beakers or glassware you have marked as poison or scorpion venom
Death in the Afternoon.
4. Death in the Afternoon. This little cocktail combines two ingredients to give it an eerie translucent yellow color. The main ingredient is Absinthe and nothing says spooky or Halloween more than that spirit added to any cocktail.
- ½ oz of Absinthe
- 4 oz of chilled Champagne or any sparkling wine
Pour the absinthe into a champagne flute and top with the champagne. Enjoy this little bit of death in the afternoon. Make sure you pay the reaper well or he may just leave you in limbo so you can’t get back for seconds of this delicious drink.
Melting Witch Punch
3. Melting Witch Punch. Just like Dorothy threw water on the Wicked Witch of the West and caused her to turn into a puddle of goo, you can do the same for your Halloween party. Though, actually liquefying a real witch may count as a hate crime, so be careful. At least you can recreate the effect with this creep-tacular brew.
- 1 ½ container of key lime sherbet
- 2 liter of lemon lime soda
- 1 can of frozen limonade
- ½ liter of sparkling lemon lime water.
- 12 Hershey kisses
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 tsp of royal icing
- And 24 candy eyes
To make the witch hats, use the royal icing to “glue” the Hershey kisses to the Oreo cookie and set aside. In a punch bowl, add sparkling water, soda and frozen limonade. Once added and mixed add the key lime sherbet and mix again. Scoop out some additional key lime sherbet to float on the surface of the punch and add the witch hats on top of it. Add candy eyes and serve.
Black Raven Coffee Cocktail
2. Black Raven Coffee Cocktail. As the party wears on, you may find yourself needing a pick me up. On the velvety blackness of raven’s wings comes this pick me up perfection. It does have an ingredient you can switch out to whatever may be your liking or available.
- 2 oz of Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 1 oz of Cinnamon Whisky or Pumpkin Spice Vodka
- 1 oz of Vanilla Vodka.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pout in each liquer one at a time. Cover and shake well. Pour into a highball glass and enjoy this bit of a pick me up.
1. Boogeyman Brew. This one is a sure hit for the kiddies. Grab some fun Halloween glasses to make this drink have an extra fun quality. Serve it to your guests without worry of any alcohol. It turns a nice bright green that fits right in with your party needs.
- Lemon Lime Kool AId
- Lime Sherbet
- Cool Whip
- Candy eyes for garnish.
Mix Kool Aid according to the package and chill. Once cold, pour into your special glass and add a scoop of lime sherbet and a dollop of Cool Whip and serve immediately. Add the candy spooky eyes to top this tasty beverage off. This tasty beverage will be sure to keep your goblins and ghouls under control and having a fun time between bobbing for apples and digging up the dead.
There you have it, my Top Ten Halloween Drinks for your Halloween party. There is something for everyone on this list and I hope they help spook up your Halloween party this weekend. Let me know which you tried and liked. I hope they serve your party as well as they do mine. Happy Halloween.